Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

was wondering how Dillishaw got a shot so soon, did i miss something or has he been thrown to the wolves?

j959

I haven't been following him at all but I don't think there's much else around ...

Faber might get another shot soon - I still think the call to end the fight was incorrect but open to Herb Dean.

RiOtChEsS

Barao is just flat out on another level, 1st rounder imo

Justin Bieber

Assuncao beat Dillashaw so would have got the title shot but is currently injured, so they put TJ in there. Don't think he has what it takes to beat Barao either :-X.

Faber Vs Cacares at UFC 175 I think (The Weidman card), so think they are just giving him fights as he puts on great fights and has kinda lost too many title matches to just throw him constant title contenders (and leave nobody for Barao :P ). May be a while until he's able to build up to it again. Would love to see him Vs Cruz again when Cruz is ready to fight!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 16, 2014, 10:16:55 PM
Assuncao beat Dillashaw so would have got the title shot but is currently injured, so they put TJ in there. Don't think he has what it takes to beat Barao either :-X.

Faber Vs Cacares at UFC 175 I think (The Weidman card), so think they are just giving him fights as he puts on great fights and has kinda lost too many title matches to just throw him constant title contenders (and leave nobody for Barao :P ). May be a while until he's able to build up to it again. Would love to see him Vs Cruz again when Cruz is ready to fight!
ahhh right cheers HP, i hadnt heard anything since TUF but figured he had had a fight or two since

CrowsFan

First round win via armbar for Rob tonight :)

DazBurg

Quote from: Honey Badger on May 17, 2014, 08:41:42 PM
what a machine!
so should of got in the TUF nations

congrats to him and lookforward to hearing more  ;)

CrowsFan

Yeah he should have Daz, so should his coach. No idea why neither made it (both were the reserves).

Next fight is in Sydney in early August, so will finally be able to watch him fight.

Justin Bieber

Awesome for Rob, still stayed undefeated :D.

RiOtChEsS

great stuff 8)

j959

Quote from: Honey Badger on May 17, 2014, 08:41:42 PM
Good win and good that he's back into the swing CF!  :)

CrowsFan

Here are a couple of photos before the video is up, which will hopefully be in a week or so...

Turns out it was more of a triangle choke into an armbar, rather than just armbar straight up :)

DazBurg

:O
barao got completely destroyed and then finished!!

and cormier is scary Jones might have some trouble now (though i do realize jones has alot better wrestling skills then hendo)
he manhandle hendo

Cookie311993

Quote from: DazBurg on May 25, 2014, 02:56:18 PM

and cormier is scary Jones might have some trouble now (though i do realize jones has alot better wrestling skills then hendo)
he manhandle hendo

Before the fight, I thought that Barao would dominate Dillashaw. That was not the case. Dillashaw nearly got the knock out in round 1 and from then on looked to be an entire level above Barao. He fought a near perfect fight. The reaction of his team mates, Urijah Faber and Joseph Benavidez, was simply amazing.

Cormier, man handled Hendo. Dominated from start to finish and made Hendo look like a rag doll. Straight after the fight, he issued the challenge to Jones. Myself and my mate, both feel that he won't get to fight Jones. He both believe Gustafsson will get the title

Lawler vs Ellenberger was a good fight. Lawler seemed like a changed fighter in the ring since his title fight against Hendricks. he also wants another title shot.

The biggest moment for me, was probably Jamie Varner fighting through more than half a round with a broken ankle. Seeing the replays was very hard to watch, as his foot was just like jelly bending at weird angles.

j959

Quote from: Cookie311993 on May 25, 2014, 09:15:07 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on May 25, 2014, 02:56:18 PM

he manhandle hendo

Before the fight, I thought that Barao would dominate Dillashaw. That was not the case. Dillashaw nearly got the knock out in round 1 and from then on looked to be an entire level above Barao. He fought a near perfect fight. The reaction of his team mates, Urijah Faber and Joseph Benavidez, was simply amazing.

Cormier, man handled Hendo. Dominated from start to finish and made Hendo look like a rag doll. Straight after the fight, he issued the challenge to Jones. Myself and my mate, both feel that he won't get to fight Jones. He both believe Gustafsson will get the title

Lawler vs Ellenberger was a good fight. Lawler seemed like a changed fighter in the ring since his title fight against Hendricks. he also wants another title shot.

The biggest moment for me, was probably Jamie Varner fighting through more than half a round with a broken ankle. Seeing the replays was very hard to watch, as his foot was just like jelly bending at weird angles.
ouch! missed the Varner fight.

Lawler vs Ellenburger - Lawler definitely a class above now. still clear no#1 contender imo - should get another title fight pretty soon I reckon.

Cormier vs Hendo - Hendo had nothing without the TRT i'm afraid, not a good gauge of where DC sits in the LHW hierarchy - can't give Cormier a title fight against Jones yet imo - DC hasn't fought anyone quality in UFC yet.

Barao vs Dillashaw - wow! talk about someone seizing the moment. I haven't seen TJ fight before and all the predictions were for an easy win for Barao seeing as TJ lost to Assuncao (but I later read it was a close split decision).

TJ just performed when he had to and kept Barao guessing with different levels with his kicks and punches. I really like how TJ is able to stay in the pocket and counter but then he doesn't push it for too long. One of the best cerebral/thinking-man wins I've ever seen - be interesting who he fights next for the title.

Not taking anything away from Dillashaw but Barao had an off night, might have been the change up of levels that kept Barao at bay.