Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silloc

yeah surprised McDonald got beat, dunno why Mendez was so boring but

Justin Bieber

Mighty Mouse now set for a long reign probably... KO'd Benavidez :o. Feel for Benavidez, only losses have come against Cruz and Johnson, so he's kinda stuck behind them if they keep the titles.

I was rooting for Faber so didn't mind it, although McDonald is like 22, plenty of time for him to hone in on his skills and grow as a fighter. Better than him possibly losing twice in a row to Barao and be similar to Benavidez behind Johnson at such a younger age.

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 16, 2013, 01:43:46 PM
Mighty Mouse now set for a long reign probably... KO'd Benavidez :o. Feel for Benavidez, only losses have come against Cruz and Johnson, so he's kinda stuck behind them if they keep the titles.

I was rooting for Faber so didn't mind it, although McDonald is like 22, plenty of time for him to hone in on his skills and grow as a fighter. Better than him possibly losing twice in a row to Barao and be similar to Benavidez behind Johnson at such a younger age.
I rocked up to the pub to watch and they said they weren't showing it ... drove to the next pub and ... I missed it!

disappointing cos I really wanted to see Johnson v Benavidez 2 ... Johnson just keeps impressing every single fight ... i'm in the group that says he is definitely in that top10 pound for pound ...  ;)

not a good recon with venue and showing timing - hopefully I'll be able to watch UFC 168 Silva vs Weidman 2 this Sunday our time ...  :o   ;)

Justin Bieber

Yeah, nobody expected it to be over as fast as it happened, so unlucky there :(. DJ should certainly be well inside the top 10 after that performance, as people knock flyweights for their KO power.

Silva Vs Weidman 2 should be great! Not to mention a chance to see Rousey beat Tate again :P. I wanted to watch it but said I'll go to Day 4 at the Ashes so will miss it. Mixed feelings there but hopefully it's a great event to end out the year!

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 28, 2013, 02:32:13 PM
Yeah, nobody expected it to be over as fast as it happened, so unlucky there :(. DJ should certainly be well inside the top 10 after that performance, as people knock flyweights for their KO power.

Silva Vs Weidman 2 should be great! Not to mention a chance to see Rousey beat Tate again :P. I wanted to watch it but said I'll go to Day 4 at the Ashes so will miss it. Mixed feelings there but hopefully it's a great event to end out the year!
awwww noooo i lost my UFC watching buddy?
:'(

nah have fun mate should be awesome  ;)

DazBurg

Silva broke his leg  :o

career over?

Justin Bieber

Came home just in time to watch the Weidman Vs Silva fight.

Wow, that ending :o :o :o. Looked brutal as hell :-X.

CrowsFan

Bet no one would have picked that ending!!

Willing to say everyone will still not respect Weidman saying it was another fluke. Yes the break was a fluke but he had won the first round very easily!

Justin Bieber

Deserves his props now, even by the doubters. Controlled Silva on the ground and checked the leg kick so was partly his reason Silva broke his leg :-X.

A new era in the Middleweight division!

DazBurg

a tweet from Ariel Helwani       

Anderson is yelling at the top of his lungs on the stretcher backstage. I've never heard anything like that. A horrible sound.
:(

(warning below link is graphic content of a broken leg you may not wish to click)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0_VS_EhGw-w/Ur-zDImd8hI/AAAAAAAAAs0/0qqL-Py8d6k/s400/hurt112.gif

DazBurg

Bill Manspeaker

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 29, 2013, 04:35:55 PM
Deserves his props now, even by the doubters. Controlled Silva on the ground and checked the leg kick so was partly his reason Silva broke his leg :-X.

A new era in the Middleweight division!
sorry, had a break from work and correspondingly FF ...

I think most would agree that he's the champnow - he definitively had control of the fight to that point and just unfortunate for Silva injury-wise but again there might be some doubt in the 'uneducated's' minds that this was a second fluke victory.

sure, as a MMA fan I wanted to see what a switched on Silva might have been like and if it would test Weidman's ability to stand, but again Weidman was not intimidated by Silva's striking prowess so to me, that shows it wasn't a fluke.

I couldn't pick up the break until the slow-mo replay and then the whole bar had a collective loud and empathetic groan of, "ugghhh" when the replay showed it clearly ... thankfully he seems to be recovering well and will hopefully get to see him fight a few more times before he retires properly as one of the all-time greats ...  :)

Justin Bieber

Yeah, now we can wait and see him face off against Vitor to see how he stacked up to the other contenders!

May do a little round up for the past 2 fight night cards, seeing as you can only watch them if you have Cable or bought that UFC Fight Pass. Although I can watch prelims, just not the old FB ones which are only shown on Fight Pass (If I wake up early enough).

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 34 - SAFFIEDINE VS. LIM
Although Hyun Gyu Lim showed great heart down the stretch, Tarec Saffiedine just stuck to his game plan and dominated. He didn't go for the kill, but his leg kicks are brutal, literally dropping Lim at times. Saffa beat Marquart in the last Strikeforce event to win the title using the same gameplan, leg kicks and picking apart his opponent. Can't wait to see him get a step up in competition now! Lim looks to pack quite a punch and think he rose his stock last night regardless of the loss.
Not too much else of note as majority were fighters from the area.

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 35 - ROCKHOLD VS. PHILIPPOU
Rockhold! Had a stiff opening test against Vitor, but showed composure and patience is disposing of Philippou via a liver kick. Used kicks to back him up before finishing him off. Certainly could contend for the title in the near future if he gets another win or two under his belt in the UFC.
Brad Tavares caused an upset over Lorenz Larkin (who people thought beat Francis Carmont in his first UFC fight). Tavares seemed first to the punch and has steadily improved since entering the UFC from TUF.  He's not too flash but he is very solid everywhere and showed tonight he can use his head as well to shut down a dangerous opponent. On a 5 fight win streak in MW as well!
T.J. Dillashaw pretty much dominated Mike Easton, should be getting closer to a title shot in maybe a year. Needs a few more top wins but he's looked great recently bar his loss.
Yoel Romero Palacio was able to beat Derek Brunson via strikes in the 3rd round. Could count this as a come from behind as Brunson was controlling him early, but then Yoel was able to have that burst in the 3rd and put him away. Ref took his time in stopping the fight though...
Former Flyweight Title Contender John Moraga had a close match with Dustin Ortiz, so may not be far off another shot if he can put together quite a big win streak (as dominated by DJ first time around) since Flyweights don't have too many in there.

Now for the events coming up :P.

UFC ON FOX 10 - HENDERSON VS. THOMSON
Thomson was getting that title shot until Pettis got injured. Keeping busy and if he can pull out the win here, then certainly deserves that shot. Although Grant is hard done by as that concussion really set him back for his title shot :(.
Gonzaga Vs Miocic could be a good scrap! Gonzaga has some form recently KOing most people besides Travis Browne. Then Miocic looked extremely good against Roy Nelson, so can only hope for fireworks!
Cerrone also in action 8).
In the prelims, Pettis' younger brother Sergio is facing Alex Caceres and think that could be a great match as when on, Caceres looks great! Both have good ground games and striking, so could even steal the show!
Also have Jabouin Vs Wineland in the prelims, which should be a good stand up fight for those that like them.

j959

UFC 169

Bit too tired to do a recap right now, but just wanted to see what people's thoughts were on the referee stoppage for the Bantamweight title fight??

I thought sort of fair but in my opinion Faber was still 'intelligently defending' cos Barao was just hitting Faber's arm that he was using to cover his head.

I don't know why Faber didn't just verbally shout out to Herb Dean that he was ok?? 
don't make no sense???