Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 18, 2013, 12:16:33 AM
Won by unanimous decision, so still undefeated! 5-0! ;D

Will get details about the fight later, but great to see him win it, especially against someone who will also be trying out for TUF in September :)
fantastic stuff
why isn't he trying out to TUF if his beating guys who wanna try out for it and happen to be champion kickboxers?...

CrowsFan

Quote from: DazBurg on August 18, 2013, 12:25:01 AM

Will get details about the fight later, but great to see him win it, especially against someone who will also be trying out for TUF in September :)
fantastic stuff
why isn't he trying out to TUF if his beating guys who wanna try out for it and happen to be champion kickboxers?...
He is trying out. I was saying it's great for him since he can head to TUF having already proven he is better than one of the other potential fighters. TUF trials are in less than a month now. I think the dates are September 11 and 12, or somewhere around there anyway. I should probably find out since he will be staying with me during the time haha.

DazBurg

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 18, 2013, 12:28:56 AM
Quote from: DazBurg on August 18, 2013, 12:25:01 AM

fantastic stuff
He is trying out. I was saying it's great for him since he can head to TUF having already proven he is better than one of the other potential fighters. TUF trials are in less than a month now. I think the dates are September 11 and 12, or somewhere around there anyway. I should probably find out since he will be staying with me during the time haha.
oops sorry misread  :-[

fantastic though that he is trying out....good luck to him :)

Justin Bieber

Awesome CF! Hopefully he can get in and rep Aussies 8). Undefeated so far so should help him out, especially showing he can go the full distance with that fight.

CrowsFan

Going to be tough to get in as I'm fairly certain they are only taking 4 middleweights. Plus his coach who usually fights lighty heavy, but doesn't really bother cutting will be going up for trials too and he is really good. Would be great if they both made it, as it would add a great storyline to the series too with two fighters from the same gym representing the Aussies (and to a lesser extent Tassie) :)

Oh and also apparently there won't be any fights to get in to the house, just training and skills demonstrations and an interview if you go past the skills stuff.

silloc

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 18, 2013, 01:00:22 PM
Going to be tough to get in as I'm fairly certain they are only taking 4 middleweights. Plus his coach who usually fights lighty heavy, but doesn't really bother cutting will be going up for trials too and he is really good. Would be great if they both made it, as it would add a great storyline to the series too with two fighters from the same gym representing the Aussies (and to a lesser extent Tassie) :)

Oh and also apparently there won't be any fights to get in to the house, just training and skills demonstrations and an interview if you go past the skills stuff.

who is your brother by the way? I seen you talk about him, but I've never bothered to ask. (and his coach)

And do you know if they are taking 2 divisions? because I heard it was only one this time. either welterweight or middle, and I can't imagine them taking another welterweight batch.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: silloc on August 20, 2013, 09:05:49 AM
And do you know if they are taking 2 divisions? because I heard it was only one this time. either welterweight or middle, and I can't imagine them taking another welterweight batch.
If they're grabbing only 4 Middleweights, assume they'll be having 2 divisions then. Usually get 7-8 guys on each team. They have so many WW and MW seasons... Should have plenty by now you'd imagine haha.

Sounds interesting, hopefully Rob's skills are up to scratch with the other guys. If both can make it, repping their gym well on the international scene :o.

Grazz

CrowsFan

Quote from: silloc on August 20, 2013, 09:05:49 AM

who is your brother by the way? I seen you talk about him, but I've never bothered to ask. (and his coach)

His name is Rob Wilkinson and he has been training in MMA for a couple of years now. Only 21 and has had 5 fights now, 2 in Tasmania, 1 in Canberra, 1 in Alice Springs and also one over in the US. Has won all 5 of his fights, 4 in the first round (2 submission, 2 KO) and most recently by unanimous decision. Some of his fights are on youtube if you want to see them.

Debut Fight - TKO
Third Fight (In America) - Submission
Fourth Fight - Submission
Fifth Fight - Decision

His second fight is online, but only available if you want to pay to watch it, and his 5th isn't up yet since it only happened on the weekend.
As you can see he spent some time in America last year training with Team Quest (Chael Sonnen's gym) and wants to go back at some point and seemed to do pretty well over there. He has a FB page if you want to check it out - https://www.facebook.com/razorwilkinson?ref=ts&fref=ts

His coach is Priscus Fogagnolo. I don't know much about him, but I know that he is meant to be one of Aussies best. He fights at light heavy but doesn't bother cutting weight so can easily go down to middleweight. He's had 6 fights in the CFC and won 5 of them, his only loss to James Te Huna who is now in the UFC.

Grazz

Hadn't seen the 4th, flower Rob is dangerous.

CrowsFan

Fifth fight is now up, but the angle isn't all that good as it was just someone filming it from the corner. I assume there will be a good copy eventually. In my opinion it was a pretty dominant performance against a guy who was much more experienced than Rob.

Fifth Fight

Justin Bieber

Wow, Rob's coach sounds beastly if that's his only loss :-X.

For anybody with Foxsports, got another card tommorrow with Condit Vs Kampmann and Cerrone on it. Not too many big names but it's free so wouldn't complain :D.

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 28, 2013, 09:28:15 PM
Wow, Rob's coach sounds beastly if that's his only loss :-X.

For anybody with Foxsports, got another card tommorrow with Condit Vs Kampmann and Cerrone on it. Not too many big names but it's free so wouldn't complain :D.
taping while i'm at work
it does have 4 TUF's from last season on it in zak cummings, dylan andrews, bubba mcdaniel and kevin gastulem

Justin Bieber

Took me like 15 hours but finally finished the event and wasn't let down!

Condit Vs Kampann won fight of the night but really enjoyed McGee Vs Whittaker and Mizugaki Vs Perez, the latter for me was fight of the night! Certainly alot of TUF contestants. A little rundown below so spoilers if you haven't watched yet or don't want to know results, don't read on!

Elkins was able to beat Hioki in the prelims. Hioki was in line to face Aldo least year but turned it down. Has now lost 3 in a row and may be fired :(.
GSP is high on Brandon Thatch, and looked like having good reason, was dominant in his win over Justin Edwards.
Papy Abedi was dominating Dylan Andrews, but similar to one of his matches in TUF, Andrews came back in the third round and put him away! I love the heart of Andrews so was hoping it happened after seeing the first 2 rounds!
Main card kicked off with Vrad Taveres beating Bubba McDaniels. I hope Tavares gets a step up in competition, his stand up is getting alot better and he battered McDaniels with kicks first two rounds. He's won 6 out of 7 matches in the UFC so think he deserves it!
Mizugaki Vs Erik Perez was just great to watch! Whether it was standing or on the ground, was exciting with Mizugaki winning a close split decision. At one point Perez was caught in a rear naked choke and was able to twist out of it and get back up which was just :o.
McGee was able to constantly pressure the Aussie Whittaker to grab the win. Wanted Whittaker to win but McGee's constant pressure and output was able to outdo Whittaker's much cleaner shots. When he landed, he was clean with it, remember in the 2nd round he started throwing standing elbows like punches!
The recent TUF winner is Kevin Gastelum keeps showing improvement. Dropped down in weight after beating Uriah Hall, and easily dispatched Melanon. Dropped him with punched, then jumped on for a rear naked choke instead of attacking, certainly could go far if he keeps improving.
Rafael dos Anjos beat Donald Cerrone but can't remember the match much compared to others :P. Lightweight certainly stacked now :o.
In the Main Event, Kampann dominated the first round with several takedowns (the way to beat Condit from his losses) but after that, Condit started dominating on the feet. Bloodied Kampann before finishing him later on when Kampann just wouldn't stay down as the Ref had to end it.

Procrastinating doing work :P.

DazBurg

i watched some haven't got around to watching ti all but do know the results

see dylan andrews reckon he cracked something from that big slam in the first :O no to still get the win
i saw up too the perez fight nothing after that yet