Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Just saw an interview with Diaz and St Pierre, Diaz has played the fisherman quite well, Goerges is pissed off, as "street" as Diaz is he has clearly baited St Pierre into reacting this way which is very clever, could help get the fight on his terms, will be a very interesting fight, Hendricks Vs Condit also on the card...

With Overeem getting reamed Mark Hunt steps up to take on JDS at 160 and boy'o'boy will that be a slug fest :o i remember Hunt's K1 victories in the past and ive seen a few of his UFC fights, based out of Sydney normally this guy swings for the fences and has a decent chin, last fight he KO'd Struve, 5'10 Vs 7ft ???

valkorum

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on March 15, 2013, 05:13:54 PM
Just saw an interview with Diaz and St Pierre, Diaz has played the fisherman quite well, Goerges is pissed off, as "street" as Diaz is he has clearly baited St Pierre into reacting this way which is very clever, could help get the fight on his terms, will be a very interesting fight, Hendricks Vs Condit also on the card...

Last time GSP was pissed off he beat Matt Hughes - I think its a bad move from Diaz

Bill Manspeaker

GSP will beat living shower out of that punk Diaz

valkorum

The difference between GSP and ALL OTHER FIGHTERS is that he sticks to his game plan and doesnt get emotional.  The fight against Koscheck is a perfect example.  His game plan was to stand and jab him all night long.  He did that for 5 rounds and won comfortably

Diaz gets way too emotional in his fights and this will be his downfall against GSP

j959

Quote from: valkorum on March 15, 2013, 05:29:10 PM
The difference between GSP and ALL OTHER FIGHTERS is that he sticks to his game plan and doesnt get emotional.  The fight against Koscheck is a perfect example.  His game plan was to stand and jab him all night long.  He did that for 5 rounds and won comfortably

Diaz gets way too emotional in his fights and this will be his downfall against GSP
dominated.

i probably hyped this fight up too much (have been waiting eagerly since early this year for this fight, if not the last 4yrs!  :o   ;)) so was probably always going to be hard to live up to my expectations.

GSP vs Diaz
I thought Diaz would bring more to this fight but the 'ring-rust' was obvious imo - Diaz really needed a fight or two before facing GSP.

GSP dominated the first 2rds easy - Diaz had close to no offence whatsoever and being a Cesar Gracie stable fighter, i reckon he had nothing from the bottom such was the dominance and suffocation of GSP.

Rd3 Diaz finally brought something and started landing shots on GSP's head after taking his own punishment from GSP in that manner the first 2 rds - people booed at the pub i was watching when GSP took Diaz to ground - and I see a lot of criticism from the 'couches' of GSP's supposed 'lay and pray' strategy but he gets people down, controls them and is active from the top so I reckon the calls are short-sighted. (i do still think there's sometimes a little bias towards the wrestling when some fighters get people to ground, get no shots in, don't control the opponent who gets up straight away)

judges were generous to Diaz with 50-45 scorecards in my opinion.   ;)

Hendricks vs Condit
no contraversy here, Hendricks won this easy 2rds to 1rd but if this was a 5-rounder, I reckon Condit would've won - I think Hendricks used up 80% of his tank in the first rd and half - Condit was starting to lay-in in the 3rd round but Hendricks had the wrestling to keep the fight his. Hendricks again could've taken it out many times if he connected on one of his 'bombs' and this is the weapon he will take into a fight against GSP but ...

Hendricks rightly deserves the title shot, and he'll have a 'puncher's chance' against GSP cos of his power, but I hope he trains his tank for 5 tough rounds with the champion or it's gonna fizz ...  ;)

Ellenberger vs Marquardt
Ellenberger KO of the night - nuff said.  ;)

Nick Ring vs Chris Camozzi
didn't light things up - Camozzi raising his arms up at the end of the 2nd rd? he was doing well and took it in the end but why wouldn't you press your advantage while you're fighting ... unless you're tiring??   ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: j959 on March 11, 2013, 08:33:24 PM
Struve v Hunt - I don't know what is wrong with his coaching team but it is just bizarre to me why Struve seems to have no idea how to use his length and reach - basically just went into the trap of going toe-to-toe with a guy with heavy hands and got knocked out!  ::)   :D   8) 
Struve has fought for a while and rarely takes advantage of his reach advantage. He's got the same armspan of Jon Jones I believe but just doesn't know how to use it ::).

On yesterday's event, GSP did what he does best and that's win :P. Hendricks FINALLY getting his shot at the title, probably should have got it after the Kampmann win but another big name on record isn't going to hurt him :o.

Cookie311993

Watching Hendricks vs Condit, I thought for sure there would be a knockout, based on the way the started. Was a very good fight.

GSP dominated Diaz big time. Diaz talking about retirement after the match

Justin Bieber

From what I heard, he also wanted a rematch against GSP but would be quite far away from one after losing to Condit then GSP in a row. Highly doubt he'll retire as he said the same thing after the Condit match...

DazBurg

well thought the fuel card was on today got geared up all week to watch it only to find out it must of been on during the night sometime :(

BratPack

Quote from: DazBurg on April 07, 2013, 08:38:24 PM
well thought the fuel card was on today got geared up all week to watch it only to find out it must of been on during the night sometime :(

it was on about 4am cause they were in sweden. I watched the prelims on facebook

RiOtChEsS

TUF finale on today, prelims on Fuel, then switch over to FX for main event 8)

RiOtChEsS

Alpha Cat Zingano 8)

CrowsFan

The Ultimate Fighter Finale was one of the best fights I've seen from the TUF series!!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 16, 2013, 12:15:25 AM
The Ultimate Fighter Finale was one of the best fights I've seen from the TUF series!!
second that 8)

valkorum

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 16, 2013, 12:15:25 AM

*SPOILER ALERT*

I am glad Kelvin won the contract.  I really enjoyed watching him be the underdog throughout the whole season and no-one giving him credit at all.  Dana was so obsessed with Uriah and being talked up as a contender immediately..... does this mean tht Kelvin immediately becomes a contender?