Preliminary Finals Thread

Started by Jukes, August 07, 2017, 12:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Quote from: elephants on August 11, 2017, 08:07:21 PM
Quote from: Jukes on August 11, 2017, 04:20:31 PM
Quote from: elephants on August 11, 2017, 03:19:15 PM
I'll name Boston, just to see where the boys are at over the week off!

Boston

D: Laird, Howe, Kelly, Martin
M: Neale (c), Priddis, Gray, Gibbs, Cotchin (vc), Redden
U: Sheed (evc), Hanley, Bastinac
R: Goldy
F: Dahlhaus, Wingard, Nank, LeCras

EMG: Biggs, Guthrie, Zmith, Darling

OUTS: Pendles, Jelwood and Nroo. Wow I am so lucky I won last week, need Nroo back for the GF considering the decimation through the middle :(

This guy's asking for a 1500 score and public humiliation ;)

Haha no humiliation this week, the boys are just going through the motions. I'll be dishing the humiliation next week though ;)

Yeah maybe Neale will top 50 next week ;D

powersuperkents

It's over... I knew I had no chance with the players I had missing, however, I did have some hope before seeing Zorko's score...

Disappointing end, but they exceeded my expectations (I thought Houston was going to embarrass us in the first match so I cannot complain).

Thank you Patrick Dangerfield for setting me up for both wins  :P

Congrats to Nos & Ele and hopefully the score line this game doesn't get too ugly

Jukes

Quote from: Jukes on August 10, 2017, 10:48:37 PM
Reserves: T. Stewart, S.D. Thompson, N. Smith, J. Kelly, K. Jack, P. Wright (c), B. Smedts, M. Close
Extended Bench or EMG: A. Miles, J. Watts, J. Anderson, K. Stewart

Wellingham into the mix now as a late in will help!

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on August 12, 2017, 07:03:11 PM
Quote from: elephants on August 11, 2017, 08:07:21 PM
Quote from: Jukes on August 11, 2017, 04:20:31 PM
Quote from: elephants on August 11, 2017, 03:19:15 PM
I'll name Boston, just to see where the boys are at over the week off!

Boston

D: Laird, Howe, Kelly, Martin
M: Neale (c), Priddis, Gray, Gibbs, Cotchin (vc), Redden
U: Sheed (evc), Hanley, Bastinac
R: Goldy
F: Dahlhaus, Wingard, Nank, LeCras

EMG: Biggs, Guthrie, Zmith, Darling

OUTS: Pendles, Jelwood and Nroo. Wow I am so lucky I won last week, need Nroo back for the GF considering the decimation through the middle :(

This guy's asking for a 1500 score and public humiliation ;)

Haha no humiliation this week, the boys are just going through the motions. I'll be dishing the humiliation next week though ;)

Yeah maybe Neale will top 50 next week ;D

Haha perfect week for the boys so have a spacstic ;D

Jukes

Score Update

Carolina: 1610 add Roberton, McDonald, and Henderson
Wisconsin: 1326 add Hartlett, Dunstan, Gawn (VC), and Sub (currently 58 -> Bruce)
You'd think Carolina are home here, but never say never - another big 160 from Gawn and things will be very interesting. Very impressive of Carolina to be on track for 1900 or so given Luke Ryan's 34 (compared to usual D4 Jake Kolodjashnij's 104), Docherty only making 82, and Redpath 46. (Note: Carolina score includes sub and HGA which would not be affected by the next three players)

Stanford: 581 add Thompson and HGA (Currently 24)
Harlem: 482 add Brayshaw and Membrey
Three players left to decide who goes on to face Nevada. You'd say Stanford has the advantage at the moment, but a scrub score by Thompson would turn things right around - he's had scores of 27, 41, 46, and 49 this season so Harlem are definitely a chance, albeit a shrinking one. (Note: Ah Chee replaced Milera in the Harlem X - idk why I had him playing).

Jukes

Brayshaw playing he Naggers back into it!

Jukes

Final Scores

Carolina Panthers 20.7.127 defeated Wisconsin Cockerels 17.11.113
(Real: 1908 vs 1691)

Comfortable win by the Panthers, who will run into the Grand Final with a lot of momentum. Wisconsin had a big couple of weeks, knocking off 2nd and 3rd placed Anaheim and Houston, but have collapsed massively as none of their previous stars (Zorko, Ablett, Gawn, Macrae) could stand up and deliver when needed most. Josh Kelly was the Finals Champion with a nice 132 as VC, while sub Rory Atkins also made an impact. Dane Rampe was the Cockerels' best, while they had a few good forward scores. Carolina go on to face the Terriers in the Grand Final, while the Cockerels can reflect on an up-and-down season, culminating in a good finals run but not enough - and they sacrificed a few spots in the drafting order too!

Best
Carolina: Kelly, Atkins, Shiel, Bontempelli, Martin, Patton, McDonald, Roberton
Wisconsin: Rampe, Curnow, Kennedy, Billings, Miller, Whitfield, Shuey, Darcy
Finals Champion: Josh Kelly

Stanford Cardinal 10.7.67 defeated Harlem Naggers 10.3.63
(Real: 672 vs 634)

A good game in the ressies prelim, as the Cardinal get a tight win at home to progress to be cannon fodder clash with the in-form Coyotes. 90s scores by SPS, Cripps, and forgotten talent Brayshaw had the Naggers well placed, and they scored well - just not enough, as Kieren Jack lead the Cardinal to the win, with help from some consistent scorers across the board - bar Sharrod Wellingham's 24, which doubled as HGA.

Best
Stanford: Jack, Stewart, Wright
Harlem: Cripps, Petrevski-Seton, Brayshaw

Jukes

And in our friendly game,

Quito Quetzals 17.13.115 lost to San Francisco Grizzlies 17.14.116
(Real: 1720 vs 1736)

Damn were we lucky Pittard came home with a wet sail! Quito had very little poor scoring aside from Lewis Jetta's 53 (which doubled as HGA and was replaced by sub Vlastuin's 115), and Seb Ross only managing 61 as captain - as opposed to 151 last time these two teams met. But Quito's star power wasn't enough, having only three players in the best compared to six - Stef Martin the BOG as SF CC, but the side was let down by dreadful 34s from Betts and Hill, and young sensation Hugh Greenwood only managing 59 and the returning Deledio 64. But we got home, and that's what matters - even if it's just a friendly game ;) scores below in small font so y'all can't accuse me of cheating (unless I got my sums wrong)

Best
Quito: Swallow, Vlastuin, Langdon
San Francisco: Martin, Jenkins, Williams, Douglas, Pittard, Wines

D: Ryan Burton 90, Matthew Suckling 81, Jarrad McVeigh 97, Nick Haynes 82
M: Seb Ross (C) 61x2, Daniel Rich 84, David Swallow 121, Rhys Mathieson 88, Lewis Jetta 53, Josh Dunkley 65
R: Jordan Roughead 74
F: Shaun Higgins (VC) 95x1.5, Alex Neal-Bullen 95, Matthew Wright 60, Mitch McGovern 78
U: Callum Mills 94, Tom Langdon 103, Tom Phillips 75
Sub: N. Vlastuin 115

D: Shaw 75, Williams 119, Pittard 111, McDonald 84
M: Wines 98, Viney (evc) 76, Hunter 80, Coniglio (cc) 91x1.75, Goddard 86, Steven 69
R: Martin (cc) 129x1.75
F: Betts 34, Jenkins 121, Greenwood 59, Papley 81
U: Hill 34, Swallow 78, Douglas 116
Sub: Deledio (sub) 64

Jukes

And in case anybody was wondering what Boston would've scored this week with the team ele named...it's 1521!

But he didn't name a sub, so best case scenario Guthrie was the sub which would take the score to 1586 - aka a good 140 points short of what spooners Quito put up ;)

fanTCfool

Not too shabby, decent signs from the spooners and it's fair to say we'd usually get more out of our skipper. Chuck Ed Curnow, Tommy J and Jeremy Cameron in the mix and we'd be looking fairly good if I may say so myself.

powersuperkents

Come on Carolina  :P

Take the tyrants down haha

powersuperkents

A good run into the finals, the big change over the last month was the decision to play the kids over some of our underperforming regulars. Witherden, Curnow & Darcy all stood up and really enabled us to make the finals push. It was really a surprise because a month ago I was expected Las Vegas to push us out of the top 6 and then for Houston to destroy us. We'll be trading this season in an attempt to further strengthen our starting XVIII.

Good work Carolina, easily the best team this season and I'm hoping that you get across the line next week

nas

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 13, 2017, 09:33:50 PM
A good run into the finals, the big change over the last month was the decision to play the kids over some of our underperforming regulars. Witherden, Curnow & Darcy all stood up and really enabled us to make the finals push. It was really a surprise because a month ago I was expected Las Vegas to push us out of the top 6 and then for Houston to destroy us. We'll be trading this season in an attempt to further strengthen our starting XVIII.

Good work Carolina, easily the best team this season and I'm hoping that you get across the line next week

Thanks PSK, hope we can as well.

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on August 13, 2017, 08:49:25 PM
And in case anybody was wondering what Boston would've scored this week with the team ele named...it's 1521!

But he didn't name a sub, so best case scenario Guthrie was the sub which would take the score to 1586 - aka a good 140 points short of what spooners Quito put up ;)

Haha! I was just about to add it up so cheers :P

Works perfectly, almost always bounce back from a dud week, at least I can see who could be unceremoniously dropped for the Granny *cough* Goldy *cough*