Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barra13

Wagner to debut against North Melbourne this Sunday.

Purple 77

Quote from: elephants on April 07, 2016, 12:18:10 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on April 02, 2016, 11:29:34 PM
Despite his prolific 23 disposals, I've officially acknowledging Dom Tyson is overrated, and needs to be dropped. I believe he has skill, but his decision making can be woeful and he is also prone to laziness; both things I believe can be fixed with a wake-up call at Casey, so he can come back and start playing like he did in 2014.

On this Purp, he seemed to find a lot of the ball and kicked 0.3... Imagine if that was 3 straight!

Looking at his heat-maps from the first two weeks, he seems to get a fair bit of ball in defensive 50. I assume this is not a role thing and simply a case of coincidence that the ball is defensive side of centre when he's running on ball, right?

I'd say coincidence. He just follows the ball.

Well yeah, 0.3 kinda sums him up. 2 of those shots he should have got, and his field kicking standard has dropped significantly. Sure he can get 23 possessions, but he keeps giving them straight the opposition :/

elephants

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 07, 2016, 06:10:37 PM
Quote from: elephants on April 07, 2016, 12:18:10 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on April 02, 2016, 11:29:34 PM
Despite his prolific 23 disposals, I've officially acknowledging Dom Tyson is overrated, and needs to be dropped. I believe he has skill, but his decision making can be woeful and he is also prone to laziness; both things I believe can be fixed with a wake-up call at Casey, so he can come back and start playing like he did in 2014.

On this Purp, he seemed to find a lot of the ball and kicked 0.3... Imagine if that was 3 straight!

Looking at his heat-maps from the first two weeks, he seems to get a fair bit of ball in defensive 50. I assume this is not a role thing and simply a case of coincidence that the ball is defensive side of centre when he's running on ball, right?

I'd say coincidence. He just follows the ball.

Well yeah, 0.3 kinda sums him up. 2 of those shots he should have got, and his field kicking standard has dropped significantly. Sure he can get 23 possessions, but he keeps giving them straight the opposition :/

Yeah thats a fair call. Will be interesting to see if the selection committee has the eggs to send him back to the ressies for a stint.

Purple 77

Was also wondering Barra, Mac or anyone, if Melbourne do open training sessions (or you can simply watch them train) when they visit other states? Like the day before the game?

I know Bernie Vince said that they'd train a little on Saturday at Bellerieve, but I can't find a time...

Levi434

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 07, 2016, 10:21:55 PM
Was also wondering Barra, Mac or anyone, if Melbourne do open training sessions (or you can simply watch them train) when they visit other states? Like the day before the game?

I know Bernie Vince said that they'd train a little on Saturday at Bellerieve, but I can't find a time...

Just go all day Purp! ;) What you got to lose?

Actually came here to see your reaction to the team news but seems to be mellow. Perhaps it's just a case of already thrown in the towel?

Purple 77

Quote from: Levi434 on April 08, 2016, 12:56:04 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on April 07, 2016, 10:21:55 PM

Just go all day Purp! ;) What you got to lose?

Actually came here to see your reaction to the team news but seems to be mellow. Perhaps it's just a case of already thrown in the towel?

Oh, I'm just not surprised about Tyson. I don't think Roos has reached that stage of radicalism :P

Although dropping Garland sends a message that I like; despite it being cruel as he is the only Tasmanian on the list >:(

Dropping Brayshaw also just adds to his foolishness of including him in the first place!

But yeah, agree with Garlo decision, but it sucks that it had to be this week. He is a proud Tasmanian.

My Chumps

What does Wagner add? Didn't show much preseason.

Big Mac

Quote from: My Chumps on April 08, 2016, 10:42:05 AM
What does Wagner add? Didn't show much preseason.

He has a crack at least

Surprised he was included tbh, an interesting move

Big Mac

Apparently Mitch King did his ACL, JKH a hammy and Trengove was concussed in the VFL yesterday

A little disappointing in that regard but Casey still ended up with a 144 point win

Petracca 28 and 2 goals in about 3/4, although doesn't mean a whole lot given the opposition

Weideman 4 goals which is good to see

elephants

Matt Jones still finding the pill across halfback. His disposal efficiency wasn't fantastic, I assume largely to the wind down in Tassie. Reckon he will have this role at least for the short to medium term?

Purple 77

Quote from: elephants on April 11, 2016, 11:40:54 AM
Matt Jones still finding the pill across halfback. His disposal efficiency wasn't fantastic, I assume largely to the wind down in Tassie. Reckon he will have this role at least for the short to medium term?

Eh. He's not on top of the list of players I have a problem with, and seeing as Paul Roos has a direct line on my thoughts and feelings, I'd say he's safe for now  :P

Big Mac

Hard to say because although he is playing his role well, he isn't much more than a cog in the machine

Jayden Hunt could very easily take his spot at some point, although I think Jones is safe for the next few weeks

My Chumps

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 11, 2016, 12:15:26 PM

Eh. He's not on top of the list of players I have a problem with, and seeing as Paul Roos has a direct line on my thoughts and feelings, I'd say he's safe for now  :P
Gee Dom Tyson used the ball well on the weekend :P

Purple 77

Quote from: My Chumps on April 11, 2016, 01:49:04 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on April 11, 2016, 12:15:26 PM

Gee Dom Tyson used the ball well on the weekend :P

Now, wait just a minute.

Although that goal he did was sublime (right in front of me too!) as a result from equally sublime ruck work from Max Gawn, that was just one of 4 kicks, that's right, 4 kicks he did for the day.

Could that be playing within his limitations? Maybe, in which case I support that.

Would a fit Christian Petracca, Angus Brayshaw or Jack Trengove be preferred? Absolutely.

Barra13

So we've seen a few new players this year so I thought I would put up a best 22 the way I see it.

BACK: N.Jetta, L.Dunn, C.Garland
HB: M.Jones, T.MacDonald, C.Salem
MID: A.Brayshaw, B.Vince, J.Harmes
HF: J.Watts, A.vandenBerg, B.Kennedy
FWD: D.Kent, J.Hogan, J.Garlett
FOLL: M.Gawn, N.Jones, J.Viney
INT: C.Oliver, H.Lumumba, MID, CHF

Frost, Bugg, Wagner and OMac all seem a little raw to me. MJones seems to be doing his job and at this stage am happy for him to be in the team.

MID: I couldn't really decide who to put here but happy to have a revolving door with ANB/Petracca/Stretch/Trengove.
CHF: Have been let down a little by Pedo this year so far, he has an opportunity to be taking that CHF role but isn't making it his own. But in saying that, one of Dawes or Pedo need to be in the team.