What to do with 4 trades

Started by ubeaut, July 22, 2014, 12:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubeaut

Posted similar in players+trades - looking 4 trade advice please guys

McVeigh,Swallow,Bartel,Hurn,Simpson,WALKER  (Jones,Bews)

GAJ,Pendles,Kennedy,Beams,Priddis,Barlow,Selwood,Fyfe  (SHENTON,Hartung)

Sandilands,Mumford  (S.Martin,King)

Danger,Boomer,Pavlich,Martin,Buddy,Zorko  (Kersten,Cameron)

185 K 4 trades (1 left this round) Was planning GAJ>Rocky,Walker>Hibberd,Shenton>Gray - leaving only 1 trade for finals. Then Shenton played,will lose money and Hibberds injured.
Worried about cover esp. mids - Shenton subbed,dropped,late callup sub again - Hartung lucky to play again and will be sub/subbed.

Keep Shenton for now and hope he regains form/value and avoids vest? Then get Gray in if I have to/am able to in finals?

Or get Sloane over Rocky to afford Gray as M9 next round?

Can't do much about back cover - just have a trade or 2 in case someone is out in finals. (or hope Bews/Jones play and score OK ???)

And what about Walker? really not confident on SMitch or Hanley (tags) and Eski is expensive.

Ringo

What about Walker to Hodge instead of Mitchell from left field seems to be in a vein of good form and will not get tagged.
Rocky will score more than Sloane (I have both) and with Brisbanes run should score well.

Have you also considered Kersten or Cameron to Thurlow or Brown allowing you to use Martin as a forward as well.  This way you could keep Shenton and have mid and forward coverage via DPP.

ubeaut

Quote from: Ringo on July 22, 2014, 09:11:08 AM
What about Walker to Hodge instead of Mitchell from left field seems to be in a vein of good form and will not get tagged.
Rocky will score more than Sloane (I have both) and with Brisbanes run should score well.

Have you also considered Kersten or Cameron to Thurlow or Brown allowing you to use Martin as a forward as well.  This way you could keep Shenton and have mid and forward coverage via DPP.
Cheers Ringo. Yeah Hodge is an option - not as good as he used to be or he'd be straight in - but still great player- injury a concern though?
And yeah a DPP ruck another option - but it's a trade that doesn't get me a player or even much cash - which is why I chose to get Boomer for Derickx instead when Sandilands missed- at least I get Boomer out of that trade. Yes having Martin swing fwd if needed would be awesome and if i had 5 trades instead of 4 I would do it for sure.
Also depends if Shenton can keep his spot - I guess in theory if a mid is out then Zorko covers+ Martin covers for Zorko - but if a ruck or fwd miss as well... Might keep the DPP option up my sleeve if I really need it.