RaisyDaisy's 2014 SC Progress Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, May 01, 2014, 09:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

After a few poor weeks I bounced back with a score of 2496, which moved my overall rank from 1248 to 885 :)

Team is as follows

McVeigh, Swallow, Simpson, Hibberd, Enright, Jaensch (Martin, Battersby)

Pendles, Jelwood, Beams, Fyfe, Libba, Ward, Priddis, Stevie J (Shenton, Acres)

Sandi, Mumford (Currie, King)

Gray, Dusty, Danger, Pav, Zorko, S.Martn (Kersten, Cameron)

I'd love to get SMitch in this week, but I think I might have to pass on him. With only 2 trades left and no $ Enright or Hibberd are my only options for a sideways trade, and I am not using my last 2 trades just to get him

tor01doc

I think you are right boss.

S Martin seems your only possible weak link - Zorko the other but that is my opinion only.

Save those for league finals.

PS I am catching you - albeit slowly.  ;)

quinny88

Nice team RD. Yeah I think you may have to pass on Smitch.
S.Martin May cause you a headache at f6 when Luey is back stealing points from him but apart from that a very solid side

RaisyDaisy

Thanks guys

I have to disagree regarding S.Martin. He is averaging 105 and his lowest score for the year is 89, so by a forwards standard he is going greatly. If Luey returns and it impacts him I will reassess, but for the meantime I rate him hugely and his scoring makes him one of the best, and most consistent forwards

Simpson, Hibberd and Enright are my only options for SMitch, and I cant see any significant gains by trading either of them, especially with only 2 trades left

I will sit tight, 2 more weeks to go for leagues, and hopefully I can make it to the finals with the 2 trades still in hand, then the option of luxury trading might present itself

tor01doc

I have Martin pushing Tex to F7.

He might just be a keeper - and can go to R2 when Sandi has his rest.

Those trades will be worth more than one of your current defenders to Mitchell IMO.

RaisyDaisy

1 of my 2 final trades has been put aside for a while now. Currie to Thurlow. I just assume that eventually Sandi or Mummy will miss a game, and that's when I need to do that trade and swing Martin in to cover

If one of them is a late out and Martin has already played, then I'm stuffed, but hopefully that doesn't happen  :-\

RaisyDaisy

So I scored 2500 this week and moved up from 885 to 760 overall

Considering I had Libba C, as well as Hibberd, Pav and Kersten all score 40's I am happy with that score

Here is my team, with 1 trade left

McVeigh, Swallow, Simpson, Hibberd, Enright, Jaensch (B.Martin, Battersby)

Pendles, Jelwood, Beams, Fyfe, Libba, Ward, Priddis, Stevie J (Shenton, Acres)

Sandi, Mumford (Thurlow, King)

Gray, Dusty, Danger, Pav, Zorko, S.Martn (Kersten, Cameron)

Pretty sure I should just sit tight here, seeing as Essendon plays before Adelaide over the next few rounds I can loophole Hibberd, and field Martin if he doesn't do well because Martin is going along nicely and I am very happy I chose him as F7 cover

I can trade Hibberd to Brodie Smith, SMitch or Fisher, but I think its better to keep the trade and loophole him with Martin

Any other suggestions? 40k in the bank

GoLions

Pendles-->Rocky, give him the C, and enjoy the points ;D

quinny88

Would definitely sit on that team mate. That one trade will be gold during finals

RaisyDaisy

Scored 2334 this round, thanks to Pav 9, Gray 49 and SJ 61  >:(

I finished 4th in my cash league so having the double chance is great. Also finished 1st in FF Premier League and 1st in my other friends league

Still sitting with 1 trade, but need to get rid of Hibberd, and thankfully I can get Bartel now with $100 to spare  ;D

I just hope that Pav gets up this week, and scores well!

If Pav is out then I am stuffed and need to keep Hibberd and trade out Pav instead, and looking at the forward options available that I can afford the only ones that interest me are Devon Smith, Breust or Caddy

Leaning towards Caddy or Smith as they both have DPP (Got Shenton at M9) and Caddy's last 4 weeks have been 112, 82, 90, 95

So, it looks like I am using my final trade this week, and its either Hibberd to Bartel or Pav to Caddy/Smith

RaisyDaisy

After finishing 4th, 1st and 1st in my leagues, I had a horrible first week of finals and am just hoping my second week with the chance will be much better

Dropped outside the Top1k for the first time in a while - things have been going backwards over the past few weeks :(

Stevie J might need to be traded if he gets rubbed out this week, but at least Hibberd is expected to return so that gives me a 7th defender to loophole

Really hope I can win this week. Would hate to go out in straight sets