Main Menu

Best AFL moment since 2000

Started by 13Brummy, April 07, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13Brummy

Hey guys, after watching this video I thought about the best moments and want to find out which one is the best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iFXaRh_4fM

You may vote in up to 3 options.

If I have left anything out then let me know and I will try and add it.

Noz

Gary Moorecrofts mark surely would be up their in the voting system

For me its Leo Barrys mark

13Brummy

Quote from: Noz on April 07, 2013, 10:17:49 PM

Added.  Also added Zaharakis' goal on Anzac Day, can't believe I forgot that

BB67th

For me Nick Davis has to be the best of the lot. The way he won that match was the best individual effort I saw on the football field that decade. Leo Barry's mark is just behind.

And that is a great video. What a decade of football it was.

Cruiseon

Also worth consideration

Jetta burning off Rioli in the 2012 GF
Heath Shaw's smother of the centurey in the 2010 GF
Matthew Scarlett toe poke in the 2009 GF

Noz

Actually just though of some things.

2007 Round 6 Geelong beating Richmond by 157 points and beginning what could be the greatest era of AFL history.

The rise of Gary Ablett could also be on there.

Just so many moments.

McRooster

2 standout for me, Mark Williams saying "Alan Scott, you were wrong!" and Shane Crawford "That's what I'm talking about!" - both on the Premiership dais, where there is no hiding and raw emotion is displayed.

Barry Hall's brain farts are standouts too. I'm hanging to see him explode as a boundary rider and make this decades most memorable moments. The amount of times Jason Dunstall mentions 'How's the weather down there Barry?' surely will be enough to make him snap  :o

tbagrocks

Quote from: Noz on April 07, 2013, 10:17:49 PM

You mean the one with two movements, first were hands in the back then reach for the ball, even back then, the two movements mean's no mark but in the back, so it was never a mark :o

Taylor Walker's fake, spin then goal on the left boot on Saturday! ;)

My Chumps

Leo Barry's mark, Nick Davis heroics and the 2010 drawn grand final are the finest moments in my opinion!

Suprised the draw isn't winning...

BB67th

Quote from: My Chumps on April 08, 2013, 06:42:50 PM
Leo Barry's mark, Nick Davis heroics and the 2010 drawn grand final are the finest moments in my opinion!

Suprised the draw isn't winning...
That was the best grand final in AFL history I believe, such a low scoring affair and in the end it was made a draw by the bounce of the ball, in a way that only an oval ball can bounce. That moment just sums up AFL to you really.

But just remember without Nick Davis, there would have been no Leo Barry you star mark. The road that the Swans took into the final that year is just amazing.

kilbluff1985

for me one worth a mention is the famous Essendon comeback against North in 2001

also Hird being appointed coach right up there for me

but i voted the Hawkins goal guess cause i had money on Geelong lol

Noz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 09, 2013, 05:15:43 AM
for me one worth a mention is the famous Essendon comeback against North in 2001

also Hird being appointed coach right up there for me

but i voted the Hawkins goal guess cause i had money on Geelong lol

Curious to see why Hird being named as coach would be one of your favourite moments?

kilbluff1985

your kidding right?

am an Essendon supporter

Hirdy is a legend of the club

need i say more?

Noz

No since the decade ended in 2010 Hird was announced as coach in 2011.

JBs-Hawks