WXV Official Trade Confirmation 2023

Started by Purple 77, August 29, 2023, 05:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Quote from: Holz on September 15, 2023, 03:56:20 PM
Dublin Give: Caleb Daniel + 25 + Future 3rd
Rome Give: Heath Chapman + 15 + Future 1st

Reason: Caleb looking very likely to be a forward which is a rare commodity but with my young mids still developing I have gone after 22-year-old Chapman to hopefully grow alongside the rest of my team. Given Caleb is an established and still only 27 year old premo the picks are to balance it out

Confirmed

Needed to bolster the forward line big time, expending a few future assets for sure but worthwhile if it gets us 25 points a week closer to a premiership/s. I'll miss you Chappy, get your body right and you'll be a great player - but an expendable asset given the strength of the backline relative to up forward.

Purple 77

Berlin trade: Max Gawn, Pick 23 + Pick 41
Seoul trade: Bailey Humphrey, Wayne Milera, Pick 52 + Seoul Future 2nd Round Pick

I'll be brief. As I can't believe I'm doing this to my all time favourite AFL player.

I don't need Max. Seoul needs Max. I need the next Christian Petracca, and I'm convinced Humphrey will be just that. Other details were intensely haggled to even out.

JB to confirm.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 22, 2023, 07:49:12 AM
Berlin trade: Max Gawn, Pick 23 + Pick 41
Seoul trade: Bailey Humphrey, Wayne Milera, Pick 52 + Seoul Future 2nd Round Pick

I'll be brief. As I can't believe I'm doing this to my all time favourite AFL player.

I don't need Max. Seoul needs Max. I need the next Christian Petracca, and I'm convinced Humphrey will be just that. Other details were intensely haggled to even out.

JB to confirm.

Confirmed, gotta mortgage the future to hopefully fix this bloody Scott Lycett problem.

Purple 77

Berlin trade: Max Gawn + Pick 21
Seoul trade: Bailey Humphrey, Cameron Mackenzie + Aaron Cadman

Taking the feedback that Milera = picks exchanged, this deal essentially adds Mackenzie + Cadman for Pick 21

These 3 players were WXV picks 8, 9 and 13 last year, and we think represent sufficient splicing of the great man that is Max.

JB to confirm.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 02, 2023, 07:56:51 PM
Berlin trade: Max Gawn + Pick 21
Seoul trade: Bailey Humphrey, Cameron Mackenzie + Aaron Cadman

Taking the feedback that Milera = picks exchanged, this deal essentially adds Mackenzie + Cadman for Pick 21

These 3 players were WXV picks 8, 9 and 13 last year, and we think represent sufficient splicing of the great man that is Max.

JB to confirm.

Confirmed!

Holz

Dublin Trade: Pick 15 + Rome 1st
PNL Trade: Pick 8

Reason, banking on Rome having a good season so it turns out to be 2 late 1st rounders for 1 mid-first rounder.

DazBurg

Quote from: Holz on October 04, 2023, 04:38:40 PM
Dublin Trade: Pick 15 + Rome 1st
PNL Trade: Pick 8

Reason, banking on Rome having a good season so it turns out to be 2 late 1st rounders for 1 mid-first rounder.
confirmed
while 8 is good maximizing with picks it what we are after

GoLions

Kate gives: Griffin Logue + N27 + Kate future 1st
PNL gives: Scott Pendlebury + N29 + N55 + Dildos future 1st

I need another mid to cover Mills. Can afford to lose Logue down back. Picks to give Daz a likely upgrade in next year's draft, and the elusive pick 27 plus others to balance.

Daz to confirm

DazBurg

Quote from: GoLions on October 04, 2023, 07:15:13 PM
Kate gives: Griffin Logue + N27 + Kate future 1st
PNL gives: Scott Pendlebury + N29 + N55 + Dildos future 1st

I need another mid to cover Mills. Can afford to lose Logue down back. Picks to give Daz a likely upgrade in next year's draft, and the elusive pick 27 plus others to balance.

Daz to confirm
confirmed
retirement home clean out continues
i like logue and the cap helps
picks the real deal as we continue to maximize first rounds for this year and next

Nige

Cairo gives: Kamdyn McIntosh
London gives: Nick Madden

Macca has been a reliable servant of Karen's army for a coupla years now, bailing out a midfield struggling for depth on many an occasion, so it's time he continues to carry on that legacy at another club. Also a handy cuff to Marlion Pickett for London. Meanwhile, I get Nick Madden who is hella raw and could be anything but third man in the Giants ruck line with Flynn flying west, and that's if they don't just turn to Lachie "not a ruck" Keeffe.

Ringo to confirm.

Ringo

Quote from: Nige on October 07, 2023, 04:52:46 PM
Cairo gives: Kamdyn McIntosh
London gives: Nick Madden

Macca has been a reliable servant of Karen's army for a coupla years now, bailing out a midfield struggling for depth on many an occasion, so it's time he continues to carry on that legacy at another club. Also a handy cuff to Marlion Pickett for London. Meanwhile, I get Nick Madden who is hella raw and could be anything but third man in the Giants ruck line with Flynn flying west, and that's if they don't just turn to Lachie "not a ruck" Keeffe.

Ringo to confirm.

Confirmed
Need some mid depth and McIntosh can provide that.  Although Madden is young is third string at London behind English and Sweet,

fanTCfool

Rome trade: Luke Parker + Brandon Starcevich
Toronto trade: Joe Daniher

With Jackson Macrae expected to qualify as a forward for 2024, Toronto have a slight surplus up front. As such, we're looking to gain a few points in switching from Daniher to a midfielder in Parker. Although now on the wrong side of 30, I'm hopeful that Parker can provide at least 2 years of good service. Brandon Starcevich also comes across to the Wolves as an AFL walk up starter who can provide some WXV depth, accounting for the 18~ month age gap between Parker and Daniher.

Jukes/Torp to confirm.

Jukes

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 10, 2023, 08:34:30 PM
Rome trade: Luke Parker + Brandon Starcevich
Toronto trade: Joe Daniher

With Jackson Macrae expected to qualify as a forward for 2024, Toronto have a slight surplus up front. As such, we're looking to gain a few points in switching from Daniher to a midfielder in Parker. Although now on the wrong side of 30, I'm hopeful that Parker can provide at least 2 years of good service. Brandon Starcevich also comes across to the Wolves as an AFL walk up starter who can provide some WXV depth, accounting for the 18~ month age gap between Parker and Daniher.

Jukes/Torp to confirm.

Confirmed

Not a fan of Joe Daniher but forwards are nice (especially one that can slot into F3 and relegate Kozzy to the twos), and good to shed a bunch of cap to finally get under the max.

fanTCfool

Cairo trade: Matthew Flynn, Jordan Clark + National #71
Toronto trade: Will Setterfield, National #11, National #17 & Toronto Future First Round Selection

I held my breath throughout 2023, hoping that my beloved Rowan Marshall did not go down with so much as a minor knock as I had absolutely no cover behind him. Assuming Matthew Flynn is able to establish himself as the #1 ruck at West Coast, as we expect him to, this move goes a long way to resolving that issue. When given the opportunity to take the first ruck mantle, Flynn has proven himself capable of maintaining a high 80s average over the last 3 seasons. This not only provides some depth behind Marshall, but a utility option even when both are fit.

With Tom Atkins finally set to lose defender status and a Daniel Rich retirement, I also have a hole in my starting backline to fill. Admittedly, I have not always been his biggest fan, but Jordan Clark has really established himself in his two seasons at the Dockers. Clark has played every game in this time for a mid-80s average with scope to push that a bit higher with the majority of his career still ahead of him.

In return, I part with Will Setterfield and three first round draft selections, including my first rounder next season. Setterfield was able to establish himself as a first-choice centre-bounce midfielder, attending 62% of these. However, with Atkins and now Luke Parker joining my midfield group, I was willing to part with him here in order to bolster other lines. Trading out of the first round for both of the next two drafts is not ideal, but I feel comfortable that two inclusions of 26 and 23 years of age respectfully will not push this side to be a retirement home.

Nige to confirm.

Nige

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 10, 2023, 08:54:14 PM
Cairo trade: Matthew Flynn, Jordan Clark + National #71
Toronto trade: Will Setterfield, National #11, National #17 & Toronto Future First Round Selection

I held my breath throughout 2023, hoping that my beloved Rowan Marshall did not go down with so much as a minor knock as I had absolutely no cover behind him. Assuming Matthew Flynn is able to establish himself as the #1 ruck at West Coast, as we expect him to, this move goes a long way to resolving that issue. When given the opportunity to take the first ruck mantle, Flynn has proven himself capable of maintaining a high 80s average over the last 3 seasons. This not only provides some depth behind Marshall, but a utility option even when both are fit.

With Tom Atkins finally set to lose defender status and a Daniel Rich retirement, I also have a hole in my starting backline to fill. Admittedly, I have not always been his biggest fan, but Jordan Clark has really established himself in his two seasons at the Dockers. Clark has played every game in this time for a mid-80s average with scope to push that a bit higher with the majority of his career still ahead of him.

In return, I part with Will Setterfield and three first round draft selections, including my first rounder next season. Setterfield was able to establish himself as a first-choice centre-bounce midfielder, attending 62% of these. However, with Atkins and now Luke Parker joining my midfield group, I was willing to part with him here in order to bolster other lines. Trading out of the first round for both of the next two drafts is not ideal, but I feel comfortable that two inclusions of 26 and 23 years of age respectfully will not push this side to be a retirement home.

Nige to confirm.
I get it, this is probably an eyebrow-raiser for a few, but I am pretty confident this is the right move for my list overall.

Parting with Clark and Flynn was not always on the agenda, but to me I can survive without them. Flynn being no longer part of the GWS set and Madden, freshly acquired and albeit raw, to replace him. Clark could have held down D4 with his average, but I am very bullish that Worrell and/or Balta establish themselves and grow to achieve similar numbers and the evidence is there that they can.

The acquisition of Setterfield comes from a place of being a fan, and also thinking that he is primed to continue where he left off in Round 9 of this season before injury. The fact the Bombers brought him back in after injury and he offers something relatively different to the rest of their mid mix counts for something. Same goes for Cairo. I see that half my midfield is made up of wingers who are not always consistent so a CBA/contested mid is ideal and slots right into my utilities.

I believe the picks coming in represent fair value for the players that I part with here, having paid a somewhat similar price for Clark originally and Flynn being a solid ruck. These will round out and balance my list, with a number of retirements/delistings having cut my list size and depth. They also still stand to be pieces I can use to trade and fill out my list if there are players I still want to bring in.

Confirmed.