Ringos 2017 Diary

Started by Ringo, November 29, 2016, 02:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Yep. Ok if we get those defensive rookies. Planning for the same but will have to change if they don't come up or you will be eating doughnuts. I'm not sure on Macrae either. He should score well but can't really see him ever becoming unaffordable so can get him later. Ryder is popular and will save a trade if a ruck goes down... personal preference with him. I don't see him as a must but do see the appeal.
No problem with any of it.

Money Shot

McGrath, Louge, Keefe, Scharenberg, Hampton, Hibberd, Newman, Stewart, Long, Ryan

They are all good chances to play round one.

Also Berry is a small chance but was injured and would have been on the fringe of the best 22 anyways in my opinion.

Can't see why 6 out of those 10/11 won't line up and play consistently.

Ringo

Had a play with a guns and rookies apart from Bob at D3. Depending on what rookies come up, and I have quite expensive ones, D3 or F3 could become another prem.

78k cash as well.

This team carries less risk than one above so just need to decide which structure to follow.

shaker

Not sure about Bob Murphy at his age think he might suffer some soft tissue issues after his ACL
Mids look strong
Rucks not sure on Stef after having him last year but you will know more about him and team than me
Forwards well just can't see all them rookies lining up R1 you never know but think it is a stretch you will probably have to unload a gun mid to fix it come first teams R1

Ringo

Thanks Shaker - Hoping when it shakes down as i said to have a prem at D3 or F3 depending on what rookies are available.

There are about 12/15 rookies that are looking good in forward and defence and surely 7 will play each week (My hope if I stick with this structure).

Stef could quite easily become Goldy or Jacobs depending on the situation. Did not play in yesterdays Intraclub as a precaution but hopefully he gets 2 games in JLT to see how he is going this year.

shaker

Quote from: Ringo on February 11, 2017, 03:45:37 PM
Thanks Shaker - Hoping when it shakes down as i said to have a prem at D3 or F3 depending on what rookies are available.

There are about 12/15 rookies that are looking good in forward and defence and surely 7 will play each week (My hope if I stick with this structure).

Stef could quite easily become Goldy or Jacobs depending on the situation. Did not play in yesterdays Intraclub as a precaution but hopefully he gets 2 games in JLT to see how he is going this year.

Good team to sit on till we all know more the season not to far away now  ;)

GoLions

If the rookies all come up, should be good. I'm reaaaaaally tempted to start Stef haha

fasttrack13

Quote from: GoLions on February 11, 2017, 09:13:57 PM
If the rookies all come up, should be good. I'm reaaaaaally tempted to start Stef haha

I went goldy+stef last year (BURNT) but i'm so tempted to go again with it!

Ringo, i reckon the team is pretty much spot on... Just Bob Murphy needs to go, ACL returning players don't bounce back well in terms of performance would assess him mid-year. Someone like Lloyd or around that mark would be a better investment if you're looking for a cheapy. Would try to get another premo there though

Ringo

Thanks Shaker - Murphy is the place holder at the moment - I am hoping either D3 or F3 can be another prem when we know rookies playing., but comfortable playing Murphy if need be.

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

You had J Matrin in some of your earlier teams. Would have thought him a better pick than Murph, any particular reason for taking him out ??  If Thurlow shows a bit in the pre season, perhaps Murph to him, plus $130 k  cash ?  Cheers.      ;)

Ringo

Pure $ with this team Sabre - With Guns and rookies I have a 2,6,2,2 set up with a possible prem either D3 or F3 depending on which rookies look like starting.  Eye is on Thurlow and Martin in pre-season as well as Caddy/Heeney.

Getting close now.

Money Shot

When you downgrade the rookies to whoever is selected round one you will have enough cash to turn Murphy into Adams/Laird so I wouldn't be too stressed.

Good team overall.

PureSwag

My man Ringo. Just found out that David Myers will be out for 6-8 weeks. That's bad cause his in like nearly every supercoach team. Just want to keep you warned. Fell sorry for him he gets injured every year. Wish all the best for David Myers as I'm a bomber fan. Wish the best recover to David Myers.

Here is the article I read
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/david-myers-injury-curse-continues-sidelined-by-finger-injury-after-training-mishap/news-story/627031c254464978c0ab162075c90e31

Ringo

Thanks Pure swag - Read it myself - Gee midfield rookies falling like flies.

For the record here is my latest team following Myers announcements,

Will probably change 100 times before Rd 1. Wriggle room to adjust. O'Meara could become Beams if he shows something in JLT 2 and 3. Definitely playing JLT2.

Woppa15

I like the look of your mids Ringo but I'm just not sure I can go that far, it seems awfully unbalanced. You're punting that 6 of your starting mids are going to be keepers. However in saying that it seems a lot more people are heading that way with their sides.