Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

Luke Hodge

Stats

Average: 85.88

Centuries: 3

2012 Games: 8

Average Disposals: 19.88

Standard Deviation: 32.5069 (Due to a low number of games and an 'injury score' his standard deviation is abnormally high)

SD w/o injury score: 21.9046

Starting Price: 577,200

Low Price: 424,700

High Price: 577,200

Fanplanner Price: 456,300

Position: M

Thoughts

Having only played 8 H&A games this season, I was definitely expecting to see a bit of a discount in his fanplanner price. This was not the case and while 450k is quite reasonable for a player of his calibre, it isn't so low that I'd consider him a lock. Especially given the other midfielders that he'll be competing with for spots in your SuperCoach team this season.

While his courage and hardness is admirable it can become a liability when it gets him injured. While he's priced below what he's worth that much cash on the bench is never going to be good. He hasn't played a full season of football since 2007, and with him getting older it's hard to see him getting back to that, so you can count on him missing a few games.

Only twice since the beginning of SuperCoach has Luke Hodge not averaged over 100, and he probably could have this season should injury have not interrupted him as well. He could come off big time but I'm not confident he'll average enough to become a midfield keeper. However if he does get his D positioning back (I'd be shocked) then he's worth a good hard look simply due to the lack of options and his obvious value.

Verdict

While he is tempting at that price I'm not going to be going for him next year.

Prediction

If he can avoid injuries (for the most part) then 103.

Adamant

Great work as always Sid.
Cant see much value in Hodgey at that price. He would be a lock if DPP though.

Jroo

Would only consider him if he was a mid/def

Capper

Quote from: JROO8 on October 07, 2012, 02:37:20 PM
Would only consider him if he was a mid/def
i agree, but he would need to come down in price as well. He might be an upgrade target only if he has DPP

Shihan7

Yeah, i would only consider him if he is DPP.

Ricochet

Toga

Is there any injury updates on him atm? Likely to play round 1? ???

Jay

Quote from: Shihan7 on October 10, 2012, 05:02:29 PM
Yeah, i would only consider him if he is DPP.
im the same. No chance as a straight mid

SydneyRox

Quote from: Toga on February 07, 2013, 01:12:49 PM
Is there any injury updates on him atm? Likely to play round 1? ???

could miss the first month. his price will drop away,  could be a nice unique towards the end of the year,  as he gets cherry ripe for finals

██████████