Brendan McCartney Senior Assistant

Started by Boomz, October 12, 2010, 12:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Brendan McCartney is the latest to leave the cats... Coming to the bombers as senior Assistant to hird. Bomber must have something to do with this?!

Fletch74

Quote from: BOOMZ on October 12, 2010, 12:07:21 PM
Brendan McCartney is the latest to leave the cats... Coming to the bombers as senior Assistant to hird. Bomber must have something to do with this?!
Hmmm Interesing. Don't know much about McCartney, but coming from the Cats, he must have some pedigree :)

Means that there is little chance of the dream becoming a reality (Bomber that is)

Boomz

They are inseparable... If he hasn't decided yet this might just convince him but personally I think he had something to do with it...

benjy251090

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 12, 2010, 12:37:39 PM
Hmmm Interesing. Don't know much about McCartney, but coming from the Cats, he must have some pedigree :)

Means that there is little chance of the dream becoming a reality (Bomber that is)
Don't you mean whiskas, pedigree is for dogs :P

will be good for hirdy though i think

Maca24

dont know him but sounds good anyway.
hopefully bomber is mates wth him haha

Justin Bieber

Quote from: benjy251090 on October 12, 2010, 03:13:18 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on October 12, 2010, 12:37:39 PM

Don't you mean whiskas, pedigree is for dogs :P

will be good for hirdy though i think
Only you would spot that benjy :P.

Could be false hope for Bomber......

dylsta05

thanks for that, i cant really judge him untill i know what he can do

Alex7089

I like this move, at least he has some experience. Unlike the rest of our coaching staff :o
It is quite clear Bomber won't be coming, Laidley has offered but who wants the anti-christ teaching their favourite son how to coach.
He brings something new to the table ;D

HillHero13

i reckon it gives more of a chance of Bomber coming.. as BP said there insepreble.. he has been with him the whole 11 years..

bunyip

His roll at Geelong was to mentor the younger players, especially but not exclusively the back line players. His roll at Essendon will be more hands on during game day. it's his next step to becoming a senior coach. I estimate you will have him for 2 or 3 seasons before he starts getting offers for a senior appointment.
And we want your first draft pick for him! >:(

Fletch74

Quote from: HillHero13 on October 13, 2010, 10:11:44 AM
i reckon it gives more of a chance of Bomber coming.. as BP said there insepreble.. he has been with him the whole 11 years..
Hope so, and if that happens bunyip, we'll give you all our draft picks... ;)

Alex7089

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 13, 2010, 10:29:45 AM
Quote from: HillHero13 on October 13, 2010, 10:11:44 AM
Hope so, and if that happens bunyip, we'll give you all our draft picks... ;)
Except number 8 :P

roo boys!

That one is going to NM in exchange for Hale's clone. ;)

bunyip

It would be interesting to see how Bomber and Hirdy work together. I still think Bomber wanted a break though.
Maybe he will join after the summer break.

Boomz

I agree about him wanting a break I think he wasn't just saying that... Probably will be at the bombers in some role next year but anything could be happening behind the scenes.