FanFooty

Still no Bowden… :'(

Richmond’s team is out, and you guessed it, no Joel Bowden.

B: King, Thursfield, Moore
HB: Hyde, Schulz, McMahon
C: Richardson, Tuck, Deledio
HF: Newman, Pattison, White
F: Brown, Riewoldt, Polak
Foll: Simmonds, Johnson, Foley
I/C: Tambling, Morton, Edwards, McGuane
Emergencies: Jackson, Cotchin, Pettifer

I’m on record on last night’s Coaches Box episode as recommending Jake King for all your Bowden replacement needs. With J-Bo not even making the emergencies this week, and with Chad Cornes out for at least another two games, I think it’s time to cut your losses if you are still hanging onto him. Tell me if I’m right in the comments.

15 Comments

1. chris

May 1, 2008 at 5:16 pm

Hey, i agree on trading Cornes, i have 14 000 in the bank for DT so not quite enough to buy Bartel, i also have Alwyn Davey and want to downgrade so i can upgrade Cornes for Bartel, is this a good idea, which playes do you reccomend??

2. Nick

May 1, 2008 at 5:22 pm

Joel Corey averages better for less cash. It really makes me wonder if there is a $50,000 bonus cost for a brownlow.

3. chris

May 1, 2008 at 5:32 pm

so you think Bartel is overpriced?? still worth buying??

4. Steve

May 1, 2008 at 5:54 pm

I’m definitely trading Bowden out. Richmond have a different style of defence now, and Bowden might not even go into defence. His price is sure to drop, best cut loses.

In regards to the other commenters. Monty is referring to trading Bowden out, not Chad. Joel Corey isn’t a backman.

5. Jordox

May 1, 2008 at 6:36 pm

he must have cornes in the centre?

6. Jordox

May 1, 2008 at 6:45 pm

bloody hell! does anyone know how serious trav johnstones hamstring is??
    already replace him, cornes and hurn, what a week!

7. Richard

May 1, 2008 at 7:06 pm

Pretty happy that i picked ibbotson and proud as my 8th and 9th backs this week to fill in for jbowden and chad especially as they are not true defenders but instead more half back/midfielders

8. sam

May 1, 2008 at 7:10 pm

good news about d myers getting a game, but disappointing about s selwood not getting a game after 4 eagles out!!!

9. Jordox

May 1, 2008 at 8:13 pm

stoked myers is in, great timing, hope he kills it

10. Higgo

May 1, 2008 at 8:26 pm

Hope meyers does get a run seeing as it is a Sunday game? He was named on the ground i guess

11. Ken

May 1, 2008 at 10:35 pm

yeh your safe if hes named on the ground

12. Gor

May 2, 2008 at 8:18 am

kelvin moore is the new bowden. get up there moore!!! had the guy since the start and i hope his numbers can stay up.

worth getting rid of hansen for ibbotson (just to finally get rid of the jerk??)

13. Matthew

May 2, 2008 at 8:04 pm

Sam I think s selwood was injured last weekend playing in the WAFL.

14. Joel

May 2, 2008 at 8:23 pm

Traded out Bowden this week…doesn’t look like his form in the VFL is impressing enough to get his place back…plus tigers look set in defence. Traded him for Brian Lake (WB) earnt some extra cash and Lake has been in stellar form of late.

15. Jimmyoats

May 7, 2008 at 10:02 am

Fuck.. i wasn’t going to trade Bowden but you guys are convincing me.

I’ve been screwed this season with injuries:
    Lucas, C Cornes, Johnstone, Symes, Riewoldt…
    dammit.

I think King could be a good replacement for Bowden.
    After missing Ibbotson, I’m thinking Myers would be a goody for the team.
    I’m holding onto C Cornes and Riewoldt