FanFooty

Don't Miss

Round 4 injury rumour mill (update 1)

Yes, Joel Bowden is out, as he didn’t board the plane to Perth. Unless the Tigers booked him a ticket on the Indian Pacific in secret.

Yes, Andrew Embley is out. Mark Nicoski travelled with the team as the first emergency, but the Eagles have also rushed Brad Ebert across to cover. No one knows yet whether Nico or Ebert will replace Embers. Your guess is as good as mine. Dean Cox is likely to play through the broken bone in his foot, though again that is by no means confirmed.

Latest news on the Swans through the iffy source of Brad Seymour on radio SEN is that Heath Grundy and Tadhg Kennelly are doubtful for Saturday night, with Luke Brennan a likely in. No confirmation on this as yet.

Update 1: Angus Monfries is also strongly rumoured to be out this evening for Tayte Pears.

This post will be updated as news comes in.

14 Comments

1. browns13

April 11, 2008 at 5:21 pm

Oh come ON, kenelly as well!?

2. Athomas

April 12, 2008 at 12:20 pm

LOL.
    Some amazing outs this week.

I have Grundy in SC as emergency, so not really that worried.

3. larry

April 12, 2008 at 2:09 pm

Heard Burns for pies is out as well

4. Scumbag

April 14, 2008 at 11:18 am

Monty,

Any chance you can leave the links to the blogs over the weekends games?

5. Steve

April 14, 2008 at 11:29 am

Monty, would you agree that the guns just aren’t firing these days? Do overall scores seem lower?

6. Craig

April 14, 2008 at 4:04 pm

Monty, have you been able to ascertain what the problem with Tuck was on Saturday against the crows? And more importantly will be miss any weeks?

He has been really performing well, but I fear an injury that causes him to miss a week or two may result in him really struggling to break back into the full strength Hawks line up with a few stars still to return.

7. the eagle

April 14, 2008 at 6:24 pm

hey monty or anyone with advise my back like is cornes, burgoyne,johncock, jones, hayden, gram and nicoski and have barry hall in the forward lines was thinking maybe get gamble for all and up grade either hayden or nicoski for shaw or king what are your thoughts?

8. Maja

April 14, 2008 at 10:51 pm

You can still get to the Blogs on the weekends

simple

9. Steve

April 15, 2008 at 10:09 am

the eagle, Gamble is out for a week, so I wouldn’t play him but I think he’s still worth getting. Both shaw and king are scoring well at the moment.

10. Johnny

April 15, 2008 at 10:58 am

Monty,
    Can you tell me what exactly constitutes a tackle? My mates and I have debated this for a long time and would love some closure on this

11. Sean22

April 15, 2008 at 12:41 pm

Iv had warren Tredrea for the whole season because I heard he had had a full pre-season under his belt, he has been…ok to this point but will his price climb much higher or is it worth just jumping off to another rookie foward?

12. Nick

April 15, 2008 at 1:21 pm

I’ve never thought Tredrea was reliable for dream team. He’s scored 6 goals all season. Perhaps if Port find their feet he’ll kick more goals and they might win a game, which is good for you. What would you bet on? A maybe of a maybe?

You also have to consider the rest of your forward line. For example, my forward line is; M. Pavlich, N. Riewoldt, J. Hill, J. Brown, C. Rioli, N. Brown, N. Thompson, T. Hawkins & K. Tippet.

Baring injury I’m relatively sure that Pav, Nick, Jono, Nathan, Tom & Thomo are going to play. Then only one of Josh, Rioli or Tippet are needed. Now I’m not entirely comfortable with relying on a rookie being selected, but if your in a “worse” situation than I am, I wouldn’t recommend trading out someone like Tredrea, who I’d put in the “auto selection if fit” category, for someone I’d put in the “maybe” group.

13. sam

April 15, 2008 at 2:08 pm

i’m sick of bowden…hes out and h shaw in!

14. Sean22

April 15, 2008 at 9:02 pm

The rest of my foward line is reliable; Pav, jono Brown, Giasiracusa, buddy, hill, roughead, with rioli and henderson on the pine and I have been scoring enough to get by so il just run with the meathead for now, just wait until port play melbourne.